Still Flowing Yoga Somatics Programme is further enquiry and training for students who have already completed the 200 hr Still Flowing Yoga Teacher Training.
This training is open to students who have completed the 200 hrs with another yoga school, or if you are already a yoga teacher with teaching experience. Please note every application will be carefully processed for eligibility as compatibility with style and approach is required.
It is the intention that all the retreats and workshops on the Advanced Training serve as processes in their own right and can be taken individually, or alternatively as a progressive sequence.
However, it is also the intention that for those students that want to accumulate more “official hours of training on paper” that each retreat or workshop can be added each time to make up the additional 300 hrs (to make 500 hrs of Advanced YTT). This is formally certifiable now through Still Flowing Yoga Somatics, in recognition of each students’ commitment and effort, and this certification can be presented to anyone who may ask for it.
In the meantime the process of becoming accredited by the US Yoga Alliance at the 500 hr level is to be embarked upon, however please note this is not a primary intention.
What are the Aims of the Programme?
- To bring a cutting edge, fresh approach to the practice and teaching of Yoga and Mindfulness
- To provide students with direction, orientation, and compatible and complementary content within the programmes that fosters development in practice and teaching, and allows students to continue to experience the liberating potential of these powerful ancient practices.
- To equip students with the kind of tools needed for facilitating and teaching in more intensive yoga settings such as workshops, retreats and particularly teacher training where more challenging/traumatic material may arise in students due to the intensity and longer duration of programmes.
- To provide ample opportunities for Sangha or community in retreat settings and workshops around the world so that we may join, circulate and flow together within the Still Flowing Community.
- To provide direction, on-going mentoring and support in practice and in teaching for Still Flowing Students
- To prepare teachers to be able to facilitate the 200 hr Still Flowing Yoga Teacher Training
(Please refer to the page heads Teaching Positions with SFY at the 200 hr level for details on this)