6th October – 3rd November 2018
Can Tunio, Sta. Gertrudis, Ibiza
An authentic Ibiza experience, a finca retreat, surrounded by the magical Ibicenco countryside, sink into the deep red earth, the embrace of the gentle rolling forested hills and views out to a myriad patchwork of fields exuding the aromas of pine, herbs and wildflowers.
Travel Information – Getting There
- The yoga teacher training programme takes place in Ibiza, Spain, Santa Gertrudis, which is the dead centre of the island of Ibiza. Fly direct to Ibiza from all over the world or if not the closest mainland Spanish airport is Barcelona and then get an internal flight to Ibiza (Click Air / Iberia)
- Travel arrangements are the responsibility of each student and the airfare is not included in the tuition fees.
Directions to Can Tunio
- Students can take shared taxis from the airport to Can Emil and we will give directions to the finca a couple of weeks before start date
Accommodation at Can Tunio
Can Tunio is a very quiet location, tucked away, hidden, in the heart of Ibicenco countryside – an untouched area of Ibiza. As this is the case, students who enroll on the training must be prepared to spend the month of training in a retreat environment and be prepared to unplug from the distractions and excesses of the “modern world”.
Can Tunio sleeps 16 people in 7 bedrooms. All of the bedrooms have their own bathroom (2 of them are not en suite but the bathrooms are for sole usage of the allocated bedroom). Students share twin or triple rooms.
Can Tunio is a beautifully and sympathetically restored old Ibicenco farmhouse (finca) retaining the Sabina wood beamed roof and original features associated with this style of typical building and now decorated in a minimalist style with polished concrete floors and neutral tones throughout. There are many interior spaces to retreat and relax into along with chill out terraces and lounging areas all the way around the farmhouse for hanging out and furnished Balinese style. Great spaces for recharging between sessions, socially engaging, being quiet or doing some homework…
There is a beautiful swimming pool with tropical gardens and views out to the countryside and forested hills.
There is both an indoor yoga space and an outdoor wooden platform for yoga with a Moroccan tent style roof covering.
Can Tunio has its own ample secluded grounds and is surrounded by rural paths where you can walk in all directions. Santa Gertrudis a boutique Ibicenco village is 2kms away from Can Tunio. There is a wide variety of very good restaurants, cafes and shops here.
As Can Tunio is the dead centre of the island with a car you are well positioned to explore beaches in all directions at 15/20 min drive.
Food at Can Tunio
At Can Tunio we provide full board vegetarian healthy food during the course of the training. We use local fruit and vegetables, grains, pulses and rice as the basis for our diet. We provide a simple porridge and fruit light breakfast, a hearty full lunch, and a dinner of soup, salads, and bread. Breakfast and lunch are catered for Monday – Friday by our cook, and dinner is prepared by the students on a rota system. Students are welcome to all day mineral water, tea and coffee and there are allocated times when students can use the kitchen. On weekends students self cater on a rota system with the kitchen stocked up.
At Can Tunio students can also take Somatic Experiencing Sessions and other complementary bodywork therapies at an additional cost should they wish.
- The beautiful village of Santa Gertrudis is 2kms away and walkable from Can Tunio. There you will find banks, shops of all kinds, internet facilities, post offices, restaurants, cafes, medical facilities, Often students either organise a hire car hire to share amongst the group over the month or at weekends to visit beaches, markets and all that Ibiza has to offer.
- As food and accommodation is all inclusive in the residential price of the course students will not need so much additional spending money however if they wish to go out at weekends and they need money there are ATM machines and banks to change travellers cheques in San Antonio.
- The capital of Ibiza, Ibiza Town (Eivissa) is approx 20 minutes drive away from Santa Gertrudis.
- There is a comprehensive bus network throughout the island of Ibiza so students should be able to get around on public transport.