Mindful Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training
25th May – 22nd June 2013 – Essaouira, Morocco
Essaouira situated on the Atlantic Coast and is renowned for being Jimi Hendrix’s hang out and continues to be a firm favourite with travellers. Essouira has a mystical quality, brimming with culture and history and retaining an artsy atmosphere with a laid back coastal attitude, this location makes for a magical yoga training.
And that’s what I love about Essaouira. In the absence of real drama, the extras steal the show. Everyone’s at it. This is a city of costumes – cloaks, fancy slippers, hoods and great ropes of amber and jewels. Standing on the corner of Moulay Ismail, it’s like watching an epic that’s about to begin. A group of minstrels jangles past, followed by a man with a donkey. Then came a tinker, a boy with a goatskin drum and a policeman. Often, too, a fisherman cycles by, with a giant eel across his shoulder. Johm Gimlette (The Telegraph –Sept 2009)
The training takes place in an atmospheric Riad in the walled Medina.
Think exotic souks, saffron cous cous, artsy cafes, hammam, mint tea and the muezzins’ call to prayer….
A wonderful backdrop to an already amazing training.
Essouira is situated on in the West of Morocco on the Atlantic Coast
- The Training takes place is an historical, atmospheric Riad in the heart of the walled old town of Essouira (Medina) in a quiet neighbourhood
- There is no traffic in the Medina
- The Riad is a few minutes walk from the centre, the beach, and the harbour area.
The Riad has been rented for the training and it sleeps 12 people in a combination of single rooms, double rooms and double rooms that can serve as twin rooms by adding an extra bed.
- There are 4 bathrooms serving the 6 bedrooms on the 2nd floor.
- The practice space is on the ground floor. It is the interior courtyard of the Riad. It has sky lights giving it natural light and is surrounded by large arches (see photos)
- There are living and dining areas around the interior courtyard in the traditional Moroccan style, a separate kitchen and 2 roof terraces that serve as the relaxation spaces.
- The spacious rooms, sky lights, ancient tiled floors, and harmonious colours in blues, whites and ochre give the whole space a soft, aesthetic, sattvic quality perfect for focussed practice.
- There is internet in the Riad.
Food at the Riad
The majority of the food is catered for on the training by Soumia the housekeeper. The food is home cooked Moroccan food with a choice of vegetarian and fish dishes.
- Breakfast is served daily, lunch from Monday to Friday and dinner is provided 3 times per week.
- Some meals have been left un-catered, so that students get the opportunity to go out and sample the delicious local food.
- We have a kitchen in the Riad so students are welcome to cook or prepare any additional food they wish to. There will be water, tea and coffee, fruit and some basic snacks provided in the Riad for students during the month of training.
- Towels, linen and cleaning of the Riad are included in the price.
As the Riad is located in the heart of Essaouira, all amenities are to be found very close by including banks, ATM’s, shops and souks of all kinds, post offices, restaurants, cafes, & medical facilities.
Price of the Training
Between £2100 – £2250 Euros depending on the room
- This includes tuition fee, accommodation in the Riad, and food as stated above
- This price does not include flights, transfers and insurance
- Travel insurance is obligatory
Getting there and away
- You can fly direct from Paris to Essouira on Royal Air Maroc
- From the UK you can fly direct to Marrakesh or Agadir on many of the low cost airlines check out Easy Jet, Ryan Air and also with Iberia, British Airways, TAP Portugal
- The transfer time from Marrakesh or Agadir to Essaouira is approx 2.5 hours.
- We can arrange a transfer from the airports with a minimum of 5 people.