Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training
2nd May – 30th May 2015 – Ibiza, Spain
A finca retreat, surrounded by nature, forested hills and spectacular sea views with west coast sunsets…
Travel Information – Getting There
- The yoga teacher training programme takes place in Ibiza, Spain, Cala Salada on the sunset West Coast of the island. Fly direct to Ibiza from all over the world or if not the closest mainland Spanish airport is Barcelona and then get an internal flight to Ibiza (Click Air / Iberia)
Check out Ryan Air direct from Stanstead, UK and Easy Jet from the UK
- Travel arrangements are the responsibility of each student and the airfare is not included in the tuition fees.
Directions to Villa Kumharas
We can arrange airport pickup for students to Villa Kumharas, this is charged at 40 Euros per person one way. We can do pick up during normal hours (not in the middle of the night), if you arrive at an awkward time please get a taxi from Ibiza airport to Cala Salada beach (the villa is 5 mins from Cal Salada beach) and confirm directions to the house with us prior to your arrival.
Accommodation in Villa Kumharas
Villa Kumharas is remote, located up a long track that wends its way up through pine forest, in a still untouched area of Ibiza. As this is the case, students who enrol on the training must be prepared to spend the month of training in a retreat environment and be prepared to unplug from the distractions and excess of the “normal world”.
Set high in the hills of Ibiza with infinity Mediterranean sea views from the lawn, Villa Kumharas sleeps 11/12 people in 5 bedrooms. 3 of the bedrooms are en-suite, and there is an additional main bathroom. On yoga teacher training there is 2 or sometimes 3 students sharing a room. There is a sleek uber modern kitchen, large open plan dining area, large indoor yoga shala of 80m2 with sea views, and many outdoor terraces and decks that can be used for yoga and meditation, al fresco dining or just purely hanging out. Villa Kumharas has an infinity swimming pool, its own ample secluded grounds and is surrounded by rural paths where you can walk in all directions to typical quaint villages (a rare treat in Ibiza). The finca has been recently renovated using only the very highest quality materials and has a feel of elegant and homely simplicity, perfect for immersion in yoga. There are sabina wood beams throughout, both tiled and wooden floors, marble surfaces, balinese tiles and stonework, antique asian artifacts and decor, and stylish, comfortable furniture throughout. Villa Kumharas is centrally heated, and as such lovely in all seasons
The very beautiful, natural beach Cala Salada is a half an hour walk from Villa Kumharas.
Food at Villa Kumharas
At Villa Kumharas we provide vegetarian healthy food that is prepared by the yoga teacher trainees as a communal daily activity on a rota basis with help from the team. We use local fruit and vegetables, grains, pulses and rice as the basis for our diet. Vegetarian brunch and buffet style dinner are prepared daily. Students are welcome to all day mineral water, tea and coffee. At Villa Kumharas students can also take massage and other complementary therapies at an additional cost should they wish.
- The nearest town San Antonio is a 10 minute drive away and is where you will find banks, shops of all kinds, internet facilities, post offices, restaurants, cafes, medical facilities, … As Villa Kumharas is remote we suggest that students either organise a hire car hire to share amongst the group over the month or at weekends only.
- We suggest that students bring their mobile phones and purchase a local SIM card to keep in communication with home.
- As food and accommodation is all inclusive in the residential price of the course students will not need so much additional spending money however if they wish to go out at weekends and they need money there are ATM machines and banks to change travellers cheques in San Antonio.
- The capital of Ibiza, Ibiza Town (Eivissa) is approx 20 minutes drive away from San Antonio.
- There is a comprehensive bus network throughout the island of Ibiza so students should be able to get around on public transport.