Still Flowing Yoga Teacher Training is an interface between Yoga, Neuroscience, Somatics & Mindfulness
A cutting edge and totally original approach that differs substantially from other 200 hr certified teacher trainings on the market today.
It differs in all these ways:
- Yoga asana (only one aspect of practice) is presented within a much wider context of conscious movement, holistic health & well being, spiritual experience and deep ecology.
- Yoga, Neuroscience, Mindfulness and Somatics are presented at the foundational level to teachers in training. What we give attention to here are the physiological and psychological effects of the practices that are often omitted from 200 hr trainings that tend to focus on the structural, postural and anatomical above understanding the importance of the nervous system and regulation.
- The body is an expression of the nervous system and as such stress, trauma, stuck emotions, and unskillful thought patterns actually translate into tension and constriction patterns that affect our movement, breath, organs and overall health. Understanding the nervous system from an embodied movement perspective is paramount in understanding how these tension patterns can be released freeing the body, heart and mind.
- Regulation, resilience, release and adaptation are nervous system experiences that can be cultivated through different practices and interventions in order to cultivate unconditional well being. These nervous system patterns are the foundations of a balanced, healthy and spiritual life and can be taught through the medium of a yoga/movement/mindfulness class.
- Science has shown that diversifying movement is crucial for overall health, and for ageing with vitality due to its effects on the brain. By exploring a whole range of movement practices such as Scaravelli inspired Yoga, Somatic Dance and Movement, Yoga Somatics, Continuum, Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Restorative, Therapeutic, and Slow Flow Vinyasa Yoga we honor these science based findings.
- Still Flowing is founded upon the ancient wisdom of The Buddha’s Four Foundations of Mindfulness. On this training we present the classical Buddhist teachings on Mindfulness and their focus on liberating body, heart and mind, along with the Western approach that unpacks the neuroscience and physiology behind these practices and why they are so effective at reducing stress and anxiety in the modern world. We then teach students how to integrate principles of Mindfulness into a mainstream Yoga class context.
- Still Flowing is a creative approach and we acknowledge our soul’s need for beauty and creativity. We employ creative means for resourcing and processing the somatic work such as intuitive art, dance, collage, voice-work and journaling.
- Still Flowing celebrates, includes, and supports diverse bodies, brains, races, genders, ages and experiences including those with traumatic histories.
- Still Flowing is curious how these practices can lead us to realising a profound attunement to and inter-dependency with nature. On the training we spend time with the earth, contemplating, reflecting, feeling, walking, and allowing nature to guide us, to speak to us. In so doing, maybe our position and participation in the world can transform so that we may effect positive change and contribute to a community of ecological regeneration as opposed to destruction.
Dates and Offerings 2019 / 2020
Ibiza Certified 200 hr Modular Yoga & Mindfulness Training in Ibiza, with Gemma Mallol, Marcela Enriquez Wakeham and Blanche Mulholland
Modules 1 & 2
- 5th October – 19th October 2019
- Can Tunio, Ibiza, Spain
- Resident 1990 Euros (995 Euros per module)
- Non resident with breakfast and lunch 990 Euros
Modules 3 & 4
- 7th – 20th April 2020
- Bala Brook Centre for Yoga & Buddhism, Dartmoor, UK
- Resident 1790 Euros (895 Euros per module)
- Non resident with breakfast and lunch 990 Euros
“A Somatic Yoga, Positive Neuroscience and Mindfulness Retreat in Ibiza” with Gemma Mallol and Pamela Strasser
- 16th – 23rd May 2020
- Can Tunio, Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza, Spain
- Cost 995 (sharing twin en suite room)
- Includes accommodation, 5 hrs daily tuition, vegetarian/vegan food (brunch and 4 dinners)
“Embodying Nature and Somatic Movement Summer Solstice Retreat” with Gemma Mallol and Blanche Mulholland
- 19th – 21st June 2020
- At a beautiful private retreat location in Hebden Bridge, UK
- Cost TBC
- Non-residential (recommended list of places to stay close by)
Registered Yoga School and Teachers with UK, US, and European Yoga Alliances
- Still Flowing Yoga Teacher Training was established in 2008, and has delivered 25 training programmes to date.
- Still Flowing Yoga Teacher Training is a Registered Yoga School accredited and certified by the US and European Yoga Alliances at the 200 hr level.
- Gemma Mallol the Director is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with the UK Yoga Alliance, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) and Certified Mindfulness Teacher (Mindfulness Training Institute)
- Marcela Enriquez Wakeham the Principal Teacher is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with the UK Yoga Alliance and trained with Still Flowing in 2008, Pilates Teacher, Qi Gong Instructor and Dance of Awareness Facilitator.
- Blanche Mulholland Faculty Teacher is a Yoga Teacher (trained with Still Flowing in 2012) and now holds a Masters Degree in Somatic Well Being and Dance and is a Somatic Experiencing Therapist in training.
Marcela Enriquez Wakeham
The Principal Teacher is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with the UK Yoga Alliance.
The Director is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with the UK Yoga Alliance (click on logo for profile)
Registered Yoga School
200 hr US Yoga Alliance
Registered Yoga School
European Yoga Alliance
Suitable for students and practitioners looking for yoga mindfulness teacher training, therapeutic yoga teacher training, healing yoga teacher training, intuitive yoga teacher training, insight style yoga teacher training, somatic yoga teacher training, Scaravelli inspired yoga teacher training, gentle slow flow vinyasa yoga teacher training, hatha flow yoga teacher training, or as a fully integrated yoga and mindfulness meditation intensive.
These programmes are deeply healing & involve a transformation of the body, heart and mind through their therapeutic bias. They are relevant as immersive yoga intensives whether students wish to become teachers or not and provide a wonderful opportunity to deepen your practice and expand your knowledge of yoga, mindfulness, neuroscience and somatics. We hope that through this programme our students will be inspired to find ways to teach that are inclusive, informed, mindful, creative and support the whole person towards greater freedom, health and well being on multiple levels.
Gemma Mallol, the Director of Still Flowing is a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner SEP, (Peter Levines Body Orientated Trauma Healing), she draws heavily on the neuroscience underpinning SE to support her approach to yoga, movement and mindfulness directing students to access the deep healing potential of the body available in everyone’s nervous system.
Because we transmit the essence of yoga in a soulful, creative, humorous, down to earth way that will prepare the ground for you to teach yoga with integrity when your time is right