“A Somatic Approach to Yoga Teacher Training Integrating the Practices of Yoga & Buddhist Mindfulness”
A cutting-edge yoga and mindfulness teacher training.
Founded upon the ancient wisdom of The Buddha’s Four Foundations of Mindfulness and integrating the latest in intelligent yoga asana & movement practices that celebrate, include and give space to diverse bodies, ages and experiences.
In this approach we contemplate, feel and move our bodies to understand ourselves, our evolutionary heritage, and our relationship with nature before and now.
This is a revolutionary, body positive, trauma sensitive, creative and in depth approach to liberating body, heart and mind that takes us on a journey from deep physiology to deep ecology and back again.
To this end we integrate and draw on the practices of Mindfulness and Metta, Scaravelli Inspired Yoga, Yoga Somatics, Continuum, Somatic Movement, Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Restorative, Therapeutic, and Slow Flow Vinyasa Yoga along with somatic embodied explorations and creative process work in nature.
Dates and Offerings 2019
Ibiza Spring Holiday:- Gentle Yoga and Mindfulness with Gemma Mallol
- 24th April – 1st May 2019
- 7 days @ Can Cesar, Santa Eulalia, Ibiza, Spain
- Morning teaching only
- Cost 695 Euros
- Group shared catering
Ibiza Spring Retreat:- “Upside Down and Inside Out; Finding Support and Resource for Turbulent Times through Mindfulness and Yoga” with Gemma Mallol & Pamela Strasser
- 25th May – 1st June 2019 with 3 day optional extension
- 7 days @ Can Tunio, Sta Gertrudis, Ibiza, Spain
- 3 day extension @ La Sangha Organic Farm
- Cost 995 (twin en suite) or 1300 Euros (single room) for 7 day retreat
- Additional 3 days extension 330 Euros
- Includes accommodation, full tuition, full board vegetarian food, and CPD certificates (20 hrs/30hrs) from the UK and US Yoga Alliances
Ibiza:- 200 hr Modular Yoga and Mindfulness Training in Spain and Morocco
with Gemma Mallol, Marcela Enqriquez Wakeham and Blanche Mulholland
Modules 1 & 2
- 5th October – 19th October 2019
- Can Tunio, Ibiza, Spain
- Resident 1990 Euros (995 Euros per module)
- Non resident with breakfast and lunch 990 Euros
Modules 3 & 4
- Mid March 2020 (2 weeks, exact dates TBC)
- La Serai, Essaouira, Morocco
- Resident 1590 Euros (795 Euros per module)
Registered Yoga School and Teachers with UK, US, and European Yoga Alliances
- Still Flowing Yoga Teacher Training was established in 2008, and has delivered 23 training programmes to date.
- Still Flowing Yoga Teacher Training is a Registered Yoga School recognised and certified by the US and European Yoga Alliances at the 200 hr level.
- Gemma Mallol the Director is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with the UK Yoga Alliance.
- Marcela Enriquez Wakeham the Principal Teacher is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with the UK Yoga Alliance
Marcela Enriquez Wakeham
The Principal Teacher is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with the UK Yoga Alliance.
The Director is a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with the UK Yoga Alliance (click on logo for profile)
200 hr US Yoga Alliance
Registered Yoga School
European Yoga Alliance
Suitable for students and practitioners looking for yoga mindfulness teacher training, insight style yoga teacher training, somatic yoga teacher training, Scaravelli inspired yoga teacher training, gentle slow flow vinyasa yoga teacher training, classical ashtanga yoga teacher training, hatha flow yoga teacher training, or as a fully integrated yoga and meditation intensive.
These programmes are deeply healing & involve a transformation of the body, heart and mind through their therapeutic bias. They are relevant as immersive yoga intensives whether students wish to become teachers or not and provide a wonderful opportunity to deepen your practice and expand your knowledge of yoga and meditation in all its many forms. We hope that through this programme our students will be inspired to find ways to teach that are inclusive, mindful and creative. We hope we can encourage healing, connection and integration through our approach. Still Flowing Teachers and team come from diverse cultures and backgrounds in Yoga and in life.
We draw on aspects of Vinyasa Slow Flow Yoga, Somatic Yoga, Scaravelli Inspired Yoga, Mindful Yoga, Restorative Yoga to inform our mindful approach to asana. We as a team are committed to the practise of Mindfulness (Insight Meditation) and as such work within this ongoing exploration and synthesis of Yoga and Buddhist Meditation.
Gemma Mallol, the Director of Still Flowing is a Somatic Experiencing Therapist, (Peter Levines Body Orientated Trauma Healing), she draws heavily on this somatic therapeutic work with the nervous system through the yoga training, interweaving it through the yoga asana and mindfulness modules, to access the deep innate healing potential of the body available in everyone’s system.
Because we transmit the essence of yoga in a soulful, creative, humorous, down to earth way that will prepare the ground for you to teach yoga with integrity when your time is right